Golden State Salmon Association
Digital Marketing Manager
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: President
The Digital Marketing Manager will work with the Board of Directors and President to Develop and implement strategies lead GSSA’s efforts to reach and engage our supporters through our email activism program, activist pages on our websites and social media. The Digital Marketing Manager will use these platforms to achieve GSSA’s goals of acquiring new advocates that communicate to policy makers when requested and generate support for our fund raising and dinners. S/he will use data and testing from email, web and social media metrics to drive decisions and improve e-mail campaigns, website projects and social media efforts—and how to execute them.
Essential Functions/ Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creative (Design and Copywriting)
· Manage art and copywriting (outsourcing or creating work on your own where needed) to improve any digital outreach efforts
- Grow Our base of members and supporters
· Develop and implement an audience plan to get supporters signed up in our database. Meet goals
- Work with others to design and implement our e-mail marketing program to ensure optimization of advocacy and fundraising campaigns; work with leadership to make and implement strategic decisions based on data
· Engage audience in database and ongoing communication with audience
- Social & Influencer Outreach
· Create and execute on social strategy based on key platforms: Facebook and Instagram
· Create social content calendar and strategy and deliver content
· Identify and lead outreach to influencers to bring them into GSSA mission
- Oversee grassroots social media strategy on Facebook, Instagram and potentially other social platforms.
- Website Management & Engagement
· Set and oversee content publishing strategy on site
· Generate monthly reports on site and marketing campaign performance for monthly Board review
· Analyze key metrics that unit our website traffic and our service quotas
· Optimize website and social media channels for SEO as well as usability
· Develop, evaluate and oversee the implementation of A/B testing protocols and procedures
- PR & Media Outreach
· Understand and Integrate with Existing PR Strategy to ensure Paid (GSSA) and Earned (GSSA Social Presences) are aligned on all communication
- Reporting and Other
- Provide monthly reports on website performance using Google Analytics, and make data-driven editorial decisions and suggestions to increase traffic and acquisitions.
- Serve as primary point with outside vendors.
- Perform additional duties as needed and/or assigned.
- Measures of Success
Number of people in GSSA’s database. Number of people that respond to our requests to take action. Number of donors acquired through the email marketing, social media and web.
Education and work experience:
- At least one to three years implementing digital media efforts with proven effectiveness.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience with e-activism CRMs, such as Engaging Networks (or a similar product).
- Familiarity with the principles of search engine optimization (SEO).
- Google Analytics experience or experience with other analytics software.
- Professional experience with social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat.
- Comfort with Microsoft Office, especially Excel for stats reporting.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Loves Salmon Fishing!
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills. Ability to work cooperatively with staff, other organizations and the public.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and work under pressure while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Ability to adapt to a fast changing environment, manage multiple assignments and coordinate with all levels within the organization.
- Ability to approach problems with a sense of ownership, enthusiasm and creativity.
- Understanding and embrace of data driven management and systems.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and can spot opportunities in times of change.
- Familiarity and interest in digital advocacy, social media strategy for an international organization
- Must be a proactive team player and have a positive, customer service attitude.
The above declarations are not intended to be an “all inclusive” list of duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and are a reasonable representation of its activities.